The perfect family holiday is a big ask, but Hawke’s Bay can deliver. Our central location, fantastic activities, amazing weather and friendly locals will help make your next family holiday one to remember.
Fantastic Activities –
No matter the age of your family, there will be something to entertain, fascinate, and educate everyone in the family.
- The National Aquarium of New Zealand offers plenty of educational and entertaining experiences, from swimming with sharks, feeding Little Blue Penguins and seeing local and tropical wildlife up-close.
- Napier Prison is fascinating; it’s rich history, and scary stories makes a fun day out and offers the opportunity to have a mug shot taken and fingerprints collected.
- Play in teams, or play against each other in the highly competitive mini golf arena at Par 2.
- “Ice Cream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream”. Enjoy ice cream near the Soundshell at Gelato 2 You, on the water front at Lick This, or a handmade waffle cone and traditional ice cream from Danish Delights further down Marine Parade.
- Take a cool refreshing dip at Ocean Spa or one of the many beautiful beaches that surround Hawke’s Bay.
Stunning Food, Wine and Craft Beer –
Hawke’s Bay is the fruit bowl of New Zealand, so there is no surprise we produce some of the best wine, food and beer in the country. Sample delicious Hawke’s Bay food at family friendly restaurants like Shani’s Family Eatery and Bar, Bistronomy, Mister D and Speight’s Ale House Napier. All offer locally made produce, wine and craft beer. If you’re looking for a more relaxed way to experience Hawke’s Bay produce, try the Hawke’s Bay Farmers market. The stunning selection of fresh produce, tasty treats and Hawke’s Bay specialties will give you a mouth watering experience. And the extra bonus, if you’re wanting to create your own delicious treat from the stunning produce, our rooms are equip with full kitchen facilities and a outdoor BBQ area.
Central Location –
Hawke’s Bay’s central location means it’s the perfect family destination. Reachable from most North Island cities within 5 hours by plane or vehicle, the kids wont get restless and you’ll be able to enjoy the warm Hawke’s Bay sun before you know it. Once you get here it is easy to get around; buses run everyday, the beautiful bike and walking tracks can get you any where in The Bay and of course like any other major city we have vehicle hire, and taxis to help you get from A to B. Read more about how to get here, how long it will take and your options for getting around on our “Getting to Hawke’s Bay” page.
Hawke’s Bay is a stunning and memorable destination for any family, and our fantastic team can help you plan the perfect the holiday. As locals we can help you find the best activities to suite your families interests, places to eat that will keep even the fussiest member of the family happy and our pool, games room and playground will keep the kids entertained while you enjoy a glass of wine or a local brew on the patio.